Age: Four Year Olds
Wisdom begins in wonder. - Socrates
The Scholars Program is designed for your four year old to create the foundation for learning that will ensure their success on the road to learning that lays ahead.
As a proud partner of the Kids Depot Preschool Academies, we believe in focusing on the needs of the “whole child” in every program that we offer. The Scholars Program is designed to give every child the very best start to a life-long love of learning. We implement appropriate practices through professional excellence, all in a caring environment.
At Kids Depot, we love our families and consider every parent valued partners on this road to a child’s success in education and in life. Our programs include the perfect blend of class time, playtime, social interaction, and rest time – all designed to enhance the knowledge and love for learning in every child.
The teachers that guide your child continue to practice their love of learning through participation in continuing education courses that certify them to provide your Scholar with the best trends in education.
At the age of four, your child will learn:
- To tell a story and recall a part of the story and can share it with others.
- To communicate with sentences of more than five words and will use future tense.
- To count ten or more objects and name at least four colors.
- To print some letters and copy geometric patterns.
- To stand on one foot for ten seconds or longer and may be able to skip.
- To be more independent and wants to be "liked" by others socially and on the playground.
The Kids Depot curriculum is integrated into your child’s day utilizing the best trends in education that are based on brain research, all in a loving environment. Throughout the day, there is a balance of quiet, group play, and active periods.
Children develop cognitively, physically, social-emotionally, and creatively through fun, engaging activities. At Kids Depot Preschool Academies our teachers look for innovative ways to increase the learning opportunities for each child. All programs are customized to your child’s progress, needs and age.
What is the VPK program?
The VPK legislation was signed into law by Governor Jeb Bush on January 2, 2005. This law created a program to prepare every Florida four-year-old for Kindergarten and to build a strong foundation for their continued educational success.
The VPK program will better prepare Florida's young children for a successful Kindergarten experience by focusing the Department of Education efforts on early literacy.
Benefits of early education and the VPK program
- The most important growth and development in the brain happens by the age of five.
- The early years are the learning years. A child’s ability to be attentive and to follow directions emerges in the early years. Structured early learning fosters these abilities for later success in school and in life.
- VPK prepares children to be ready for school. Children who participate in high-quality early childhood education programs develop better language skills, score higher in school-readiness tests and have better social skills and fewer behavioral problems once they enter school. They are also better prepared for Kindergarten, especially in the areas of pre-reading, pre-math and social skills.
- VPK promotes a love of learning in children. VPK enhances what a child learns at home and instills a love of life-long learning.
All VPK providers must meet high standards required by law.
- Ratios are 1 instructor to 11 children.
- Class size will not exceed 20 children in the school-year program, and will not exceed 12 children for the summer program.
- All VPK instructors must have a minimum of a child development associate degree for the school-year program, or a bachelor’s degree in early childhood or related fields for the summer program.
Transportation - Parents are responsible for their child’s transportation.